We hope you will find the information provided on this website helpful. We have a wide range of services available for students with disabilities. Please read the information linked below for more specific details. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!
For Students and Parents
- Disability Visibility Project
- Navigating College: A Handbook on Self-Advocacy (written for Autistic Students by Autistic Adults)
- The 411 on Disability Disclosure
- Autism Society of North Carolina
- Difference Between High School and College Disability Service
- Quick Reference Guide for Documentation and Transition to Higher Education
- Transition Guide for Students with Disabilities
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- The Why, When, What, and How of Disability Disclosure in an Academic Setting After High School
- UNC Asheville's Office of Academic Accessibility' Policies & Procedures
For Faculty and Staff
- Advising Tips: When You Interact With A Student Who Has A Disability...
- Making Accommodations by Paul D. Grossman
- Faculty Guide for Working with Students with Disabilities
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Universal Design for Instruction (UDI)
- CAST -- Transforming education through Universal Deign for Learning
- Center for Universal Design
- Universal Course Design website for faculty from the US Department of Education's Equity and Excellence in Higher Education Project. Tutorials, tools, resources, and examples.
- Video (13 min.) from Colorado State University introducing the principles and techniques of UDL
- Universal Design for Instruction: Definition, Priciples, Guidelines and Examples
- Universal Design for Instruction Fact Sheet reproduced with permission from Scott, S., McGuire, J.M., & Embry, P. (2002). Universal design for instruction fact sheet. Storrs: University of Connecticut, Center on Postsecondary Education and Disability.